Why choose HARDWOOD?
Hardwood is one of the most popular floor covering choices. The natural characteristics of wood add depth and visual appearance that many other types of floors try to duplicate. Rich, inviting hardwood floors can add value to your home at resale time. Today's hardwood types, options, and applications are more diverse than ever. Better yet, today's hardwood is available in superior finishes and construction techniques, allowing many wood floor products to be installed just about anywhere in the home.
So, why choose hardwood?
- One of America’s most popular floors
- Can add warmth and character to any room
- Rich and inviting
- Beautiful to live with
- Easy to care for
- Adds value to your home at resale time
- More diverse and delightful than ever
WE carry the top name brands in HARDWOOD
Types of hardwood
Knowing how hardwood floors are constructed can be very advantageous. It enables you to understand the product’s materials right from the beginning. Remember that these are materials you will be living with, and on, should you choose to have our hardwood flooring installed in your home.
Common hardwood types
- Solid wood floors, with each plank 3/4" thick and 2 1/4" wide
- Classic strip wood floors, anywhere from 12" to 84" in length
- Engineered wood, which is more versatile and affordable when compared to solid
Common hardwood species
- Red oak and white oak
- White ash
Finished or unfinished?
The number of hardwood choices, patterns, colors, textures, and price points can intimidate even the most experienced shopper. Knowing the basic styles can provide you with a firm foundation upon which to begin your shopping journey. Choosing your ideal hardwood style is all about knowing the right combination of aesthetics, performance, and budget that meets the needs of your lifestyle. One factor to consider is whether you'll opt for finished or unfinished hardwood.
- Ready for installation
- Boards are already sanded, stained, and finished
- Harder, more protected surface
- Wider variety of wood species
- Save hours of labor and cleanup
- Extended finish warranty
- Allows you to have a custom job
- You choose the wood species
- It’s sanded and stained on site
- Can level the surface after installation
- No extended finish warranty
Hardwood care & maintenance
As a natural flooring product, hardwood requires specific care and maintenance to keep it looking and performing its very best for decades to come. Learn more from our experts.
When it comes to hardwood installation, it's best to trust the pros at Great Floors. Learn more about the installation process and know exactly what to expect.