FRONT DESK - Kennewick, Vancouver
Summary/Objectives The front desk clerk/receptionist performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains office appearance, and assists with administrative tasks.
- Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
- Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person or department.
- Operates office machines as required.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Duplicates and distributes materials.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
- Assists Staff with projects as needed.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Two years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Great Floors shall recruit, hire, train and promote in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, military service, disability or veterans of the Vietnam era status, handicaps or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. All other personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, Company sponsored training, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and return from layoff, shall be administered without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, military service, disability or veterans of the Vietnam era status, handicaps, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Background check is mandatory. 401K, medical, dental and vision offered. Great Floors will advertise for all job openings for employment at www.greatfloors.com and will comply with EEO Standards. Great Floors includes an “Equal Opportunity Employer” statement in all advertisements for employment.