INSTALLERS - All Locations
Performs manual work at the journeyman level in floor covering installation, maintenance, and repair. Work involves the performance of skilled floor covering tasks by maintaining, repairing, and applying blocks, strips, or sheets of shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, or decorative covering to floors, walls, and cabinets. Work is inspected for satisfactory compliance with instructions, although routine repairs are usually made independently without supervision or review. Job requires, on occasion, to work beyond normal duty hours due to emergencies or high priority work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Estimates, measures, and cuts carpets and other soft or roll floor materials, and foundation material, according to blueprints and sketches for new installation, repairs, or replacements of floor coverings.
2. Estimates, measures, and prepares floor surfaces for installation or repair of hard surface floor coverings, both tiles and roll vinyl sheet materials.
3. Disconnects and removes obstacles such as appliances and light fixtures, excluding natural gas and propane appliances.
4. Performs other work as required in support of general maintenance activity.
5. Perform installation of floor covering and wall covering as per manufacturer instructions, industry standards, and published job specifications for the detailed floor coverings being installed, and for the specific job.
1. Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the floor covering trades.
2. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
3. Ability to read and understand construction plans, sketches, visual instructions, and layouts.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
A high-volume retail floor covering facility with included warehouse.
Standing, walking, sitting, squatting, bending, climbing, reaching, and turning as required to operate equipment, interface with staff and customers, and oversee operations. Must follow company policy with regard to dress and otherwise maintain a professional appearance.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, Hours as needed.
Local travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Some college.
2. One years of related experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Great Floors shall recruit, hire, train and promote in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, military service, disability or veterans of the Vietnam era status, handicaps or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. All other personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, Company sponsored training, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and return from layoff, shall be administered without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, military service, disability or veterans of the Vietnam era status, handicaps, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Background check is mandatory. 401K, medical, dental and vision offered. Great Floors will advertise for all job openings for employment at www.greatfloors.com and will comply with EEO Standards. Great Floors includes an “Equal Opportunity Employer” statement in all advertisements for employment.