Assistant Branch Manager - Vancouver, WA
The Branch Assistant Manager works in conjunction with the Branch Manager to accomplish the overall activities of the store to continually and simultaneously serve the customers within the company’s target market in an extraordinary manner so that the company’s brand name and reputation continue to flourish. Required to grow business and meet expected sales quotas via relationship development and follow-up; prospect for business opportunities. This position is involved in the entire business acumen to learn and acquire skills need to promote to management status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet corporate objectives and goals by managing and leading the entire store staff.
2. Ensure that personnel have the tools they need to perform their jobs satisfactorily. Personally, inspect jobs to assess the progress on jobs and the game plan that operations personnel are employing to achieve the objectives.
3. Continually take the pulse of clients through informal telephone conversations, lunch meetings, industry events and formal customer satisfaction surveys. Ensure a quick and proper response to all customer complaints and requests.
4. Ensure that all branch personnel perform their job duties in a safe manner and that they take all reasonable precautions to avoid work-related accidents. Hold regular and frequent safety discussions and meetings to continually reinforce the safety message.
5. Ensure that all branch personnel understand the overall company objectives as well as their individual departmental objectives and that they work together to achieve the stated objectives. The branch manager must be available to help resolve conflicting objectives and reinforce continuously respectful communication between all departments.
- Meet sales goals and margins as set forth by the Branch Manager.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Performance Management.
This position may or may not have supervisory responsibilities as determined by the Branch Manager.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in industry.
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s in business administration.
Flooring and/or construction industry knowledge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Background check is mandatory. 401K, medical, dental and vision offered. Great Floors will advertise for all job openings for employment at www.greatfloors.com and will comply with EEO Standards. Great Floors includes an “Equal Opportunity Employer” statement in all advertisements for employment.