TRUCK DRIVER - Kent
Great Floors Distribution Warehouse seeks an experienced straight truck driver. This is a CDL Class A position that requires someone who pays attention to details and takes safety serious .
Summary/Objectives The basic function of the Truck Driver is to safely and accurately move material between our vendors and our warehouses. This includes checking, labeling and securing material, keeping track of paperwork and assisting with loading and unloading.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily pre-trip inspections and reporting of any equipment issues
- Safe and legal driving
- Pick up materials from our vendors, check the material and paperwork to ensure correct material is picked up, label everything with the store, customer name and order number.
- Secure cargo to avoid damage
- Deliver materials to the Kent Distribution Center or our stores as instructed
- Communicate with vendors, other drivers, warehouse staff and management
- Comply with state, federal and company safety regulations
- Work independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Mastering the paperwork
- Understanding our truck schedule/routes
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience
- Clean driving record
Preferred Education and Experience
- Three years of prior experience.
- Industry knowledge.
Wage starts at $21.00/hour.
Background check is mandatory. 401K, medical, dental and vision offered. Great Floors will advertise for all job openings for employment and will comply with EEO Standards.
Great Floors shall recruit, hire, train and promote in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, military service, disability or veterans of the Vietnam era status, handicaps or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. All other personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, Company sponsored training, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and return from layoff, shall be administered without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, military service, disability or veterans of the Vietnam era status, handicaps, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.